The - Concept® (TPC®) Mat Instructor Silver
- Admission requirements for the Concept™ Mat Instructor Silver:
- Read "Pilates Anatomie"
- Basic anatomical knowledge, read an anatomy book of your choice
- At least 2 private lessons at The - Concept® (TPC®) - training centre
- At least 20 hours of group Pilates at The - Concept® (TPC®) - training centre
or at a Pilates studio recognised by TPC®
- At least two years’ experience in fitness, dance or health
[TPC® reserves the right to stipulate that course participants without professional qualifications relevant to
The - Concept® (TPC®) course (e.g. sports scientists, coaches, therapists, dancers etc.)
complete additional job-shadowing/training lessons if necessary.]
- Concept® Mat Instructor Silver
TPC® Mat Instructor Silver
Silver and Gold courses are divided into modules.
Each module comprises theory, practice in self-training, practice in instruction.
The - Concept® Mat Instructor Silver course spans 152 lessons,
and is divided into 5 course modules (13 days!), plus self-training and job-shadowing:
- Module 1:
- Basic Level
- Posture analysis
- Anatomy, physiology
- The - Concept® House
- Hands-on techniques I
- Module 2:
- Extension of Module 1
- Methods + teaching approaches
- Module 3:
- Intermediate Level
- Module 4:
- Extension of Module 3
- Special needs
- Myofascial integration I
- Methods + teaching approaches II
- Hands-on techniques II
- Module 5:
- Exam preparation
- Final examination (Silver)
Between the individual course modules, at least 10 Pilates classes
(8 in self-training, 2 in job-shadowing) must be completed over 5 weeks at The - Concept® (TPC®) training centre
or a Pilates studio recognised by TPC® and recorded in a log book (not included in the module fee).
The final examination for the TPC® Mat Instructor Silver is taken following submission of the log book and
consultation with The - Concept® (TPC®) trainer.
- Final examination
- Written (20%)
- Oral (20%)
- Practical (3 parts) (60%)
- 30-minute group class and self-training
- Posture analysis of a person, and
- Preparing and performing a training unit (55 minutes) for this person
With this qualification:
The - Concept® TPC®) Mat Instructor Silver (or - Concept® Mat Instructor Silver for short)
allows you to join the Deutscher Pilates Verband (DPV) and, with appropriate pre-requisites,
be recognised by health funds as per Section 20 SGB (German Social Code).
Shortened course durations and certification for already certified Pilates instructors from other institutes are available.